Health services are provided through Dignity Health/Mercy Healthcare Sacramento. A School Health Nurse oversees records and healthcare management and provides health screenings in vision, hearing, and scoliosis to all students.
Extended Day Program
Holy Cross Academy offers safe and affordable Extended Care, with monthly rates for families registered and paid in advance or inexpensive drop-in hourly rates.
- Normal extended care hours are Monday-Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm.
- Minimum day hours are 12:00pm-6:00pm.
- Parents have the convenience of sending students participating in after school sports/activities to be checked-out/in by teachers and coaches.
Our counselor is on campus once a week and as needed to provide a variety of support services to students and teachers. Counseling services include:
- Counseling with students on an individual and group basis.
- Conducing support groups for students around issues such as divorce, social skills, friendship, self-esteem.
- Consulting with the principal and teachers on student issues related to counseling.
- Observing students in the classroom or on the playground.
- Consulting with teachers on possible intervention strategies.
- Providing classroom presentations.
Students may seek counseling themselves, through a parent or by a teacher request. Records of counseling are not part of a student’s record. All files are kept confidential and will not be sent to other schools.
After School Tutoring
Most teachers volunteer their time after school to offer additional student support. Children who qualify may be required to attend tutoring sessions after school in order to make reasonable progress.
Students in first through third grade may also qualify for additional small group instruction after school with our school tutor.