The following courses of study are currently offered
- Reading fluency
- Reading comprehension
- Fluency in grade level specific standards
- Conceptual understanding of common core standards
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Daily Religion Education
- School-wide daily morning prayer
- Classroom prayer
- Reconciliation services
- Liturgical Celebrations
- School Day Masses Students attend Mass at the church on Fridays at 8:30am
- Parish Mass-Students will numerous Masses with the school throughout the year.
- Altar Servers-Students in grades 4th-8th grade who attend Mass regularly and have received First Communion may complete Altar Server training
- Sacramental Preparation
- Students preparing for First Communion participate in First Reconciliation.
- First Holy Communion-Student who are enrolled in second grade or older, are baptized and have been enrolled in Holy Cross, may participate in First Communion.
- Confirmation-Students in the seventh grade who have First Communion and have been continuously enrolled in religion classes will be prepared for Confirmation.
Science and Social Science/ History
- Science and Social Science/ History standards will be taught in all classrooms. Teachers use manipulatives, technology, field trips and guest speakers in addition to their texts to help students learn the content.
- Teachers model and use technology in the classroom to enrich classroom instruction. Classes visit the computer labs on a regular basis throughout the week and use computers for classroom assignments with technology integration as well as a tool to gather data and produce information. Lessons are guided by the ISTE technology standards.
- The students visit the library regularly with their class. Books may be checked out from the library during class visits. Students, who forget their book on library day, must wait until the following week and return their book, to check one out. If a book is lost, parents/guardians are responsible for payment or replacement. The school accepts donations of suitable books, and books may also be donated in a child's name as gift remembrance.
- All classes participate in physical education twice a week. The focus of our program is to promote healthy lives with exercise as well as teach fundamental skills of a variety of sports and activities.
- For the 2014-2015 school year, all K-4th-grade students will have art class once a week and the middle school will attend art every other week.