Holy Cross College Preparatory Academy (K-8) serves students from diverse backgrounds and from broad geographic areas. The school was originally established as Holy Cross School in 1957 as a parish school. It was staffed by the Sisters of Mercy at the request of pastor, Father Patrick O’Regan. The school began with 59 students and two Sisters of Mercy teaching the combined grades of first/second and third/fourth. Each year thereafter, a new grade was added until grades one through eight were included; kindergarten was added in 1980. In 2010, as a part of the reorganization process for Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Sacramento, an innovative and academic rigorous plan was implemented. The ultimate goal was to maintain a high quality Catholic School that continues to meet the academic, spiritual, physical, psychological and social needs for all our students.